The rest of the porch is native wood: cedar railings, flooring and porch spindles with a pine beadboard (railroad siding) ceiling. The floor and ceiling and railing tops were all treated with lovely Australian oil before they were attached. That left the wet and weepy woods to the elements until they were aged enough/dry enough to take a coat of paint.
Well, folks, that time arrived this time last year and I started the process of filling all the knots and cracks in the now-dry pressure treated lumber. I got that nearly done by fall and then ignored the job for another winter.
This week our weather and my schedule meshed well enough for me to begin the sanding and priming. Here's how the project's progressed so far.
I'm glad I let the lumber dry
I'll be tackling two more sections this week if the weather cooperates, working a couple hours per session. That's more than enough time to spend on painting all those spindles with a brush. Any longer than that and my contemplation turns to aggravation; I start to get tired and a bit messy.