Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Bee in Her Bonnet, NO A Bug In Her Boot

Last night a big ole June bug was banging against the porch window screen and setting off the auto-trigger on the porch light. Poor dumb thing got stuck for awhile in the window screen mesh and that made one heck of a racket.  Sure startled me with all the buzzing and banging,  and got the kitty cat worked up and ready to kill  (she thinks she is a guard dog ...).

Well, little June bug got his just desserts for taking that wild flight last night, because he ended up stuck inside my muck boot and I guess he could not figure out how to fly or climb out so spent the night and most of today down at the base. Must have felt like Alice down the rabbit hole. I nearly squashed him a few minutes ago when I went to slip into my boots for a quick photo session before the landscaping work starts tomorrow.

Here's the little June bug-ger (don't they know it's still only May?) before I evicted him (her?).

No comments: