Friday, June 26, 2009

Ahhhh, food glorious food

I admit it. I'm a food snob. I've been "poisoned" by food additives at so-called fine restaurants all over the world so many times that I don't eat out much. When I find a place that prepares fresh food well and doesn't add sulfites, MSG and other nasties, I'm a loyal fan. If it's got ambiance, and great prices so much the better.

One of my favorite places to eat in Reading, Pennsylvania is Judy's on Cherry where you can get a delicious lunch or dinner from Tuesday through Saturday. I've never had a disappointing dish or beverage at Judy's. Any occasion is the right one - a birthday, a celebration or just lunch with friends.

I just returned home after a week in New England, so we opted for an impromptu dinner on Thursday night; we managed to grab a booth for 2 before 7pm. We lucked into Judy's 5 for 5 special deal with tapas-style tidbits and drinks all priced at $5 each. Judy's has an ever-changing menu and specials on Wednesday and Thursday; be sure to get a reservation if you plan to go on the weekend.

No comments: