Friday, May 22, 2009

Rocket Moms Soar to New Heights


I've mentioned before that I write at Squidoo. I've created nearly 100 topical lenses (one-page web sites about a single subject) at Squidoo. I'm also a Giant Squid and a Squidoo Rocket Mom.

What's a Squidoo Rocket Mom? Rocket Moms is an invite-only gathering of the smartest women on the web, working together to make Squidoo lenses and a whole lot more. The first group of Rocket Moms has nearly completed its 6-week get-together. I'm pleased to say it's been challenging, exciting and lots of fun to be part of the inaugural group. I've met lots of new women and reconnected with many of my longtime female lensmasters in the Rocket Moms group. I've also been inspired to create more than 6 new lenses in just under a month. Seven of my lenses are in the top 100 Rocket Moms Lenses. w00t! Soon the first session of Rocket Moms will end, and each of us will have 5 invitations to hand out to new members.

If you're passionate about Squidoo, would love to be a successful WAH woman, and want to make friends and earn money by doing what you love, let me know. I would love to be able to welcome five new Rocket Moms to Squidoo.

What's a Squidoo? Squidoo is an online community filled with one-page web sites called lenses. They're focused on a single topic, person or idea - that's why each individual page is called a "lens." Anyone can join Squidoo for free and create one or one thousand lenses. They're easy to create because Squidoo has a simple to use page building tool that lets you pick and choose building blocks to add to your lens. It's got easy fill-in-the-blanks templates to get you started, then you simply pick out the modules you need to add guestbooks, Amazon products you want to feature (and make money from), charity donation blocks, pictures, lists, polls, videos and written text blocks to your lens. You can arrange your Squidoo lens modules anyway you like - and you can rearrange them at any time.

1 comment:

debnet said...

It sounds like the Rocket Moms are having lots of fun!