Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Every Little Stitch Counts


I've been working on a free embroidery project that's nearly completed. It's my latest custom decorated denim jacket, this one for my grandson who turned 2 years old on 2/2 - yep, his birthday is on Ground Hog Day. I've been working on this project for almost a year. Hand stitchery takes time, especially when you're working on the project like a painting - no design pattern, just inspiration.

I have a bit more artwork to add to the right side - possibly another smaller animal friend to join the smiling 4 season woodchuck. The design is based on a clip art graphic I created last year for Sawyer's 1st birthday. This denim jacket will be ready to roll as soon as the snow melts in NH.

design copyright lee hansen
www.leehansen.com copyrightKinda looks like him - with a bit less hair.

No comments: