Friday, September 19, 2008

All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth

Did the tooth fairy visit you as a child?

She visited me, way too early in life.

I knocked out my two front teeth (in separate accidents, mind you ... ) while I was still a toddler. Almost every photo of me as a child shows a toothless or crooked smile until I reached third grade. The song "All I Want for Christmas is My 2 Front Teeth" was popular then, and I certainly got requests to sing it - lisp and all - from family and friends until I got my permanent teeth.

Because of my childhood misadventures and memories of leaving silver coins for my own children's baby teeth as they fell out naturally, I was inspired to write an article (lens) about the Legend of the Tooth Fairy at Squidoo. It's a charity blog - I'm donating any royalties I earn from that lens directly to MyTwoFrontTeeth.org.

If you have a few minutes, check out my Tooth Fairy lens, and if you care to help a child in need during the holidays, simply click on the donation button there.

No comments: